Monday, July 26, 2010

Stadium Butt

To celebrate the fact that the pioneers left most of what they had behind, traveled thousands of miles on foot dragging their only belongings behind them and finally making it to the Salt Lake Valley we went to the rodeo. In all seriousness I am extremely grateful for all the pioneers went through and sacrificed, but that is not what this post is about. I have figured out that I go to the rodeo for 3 reasons:
1 to spend time with family members
2 to watch mutton bustin'
3 for the atmosphere.

Reasons why I hate the rodeo have not been tallied yet, but here they are (Paige skip number 3, trust me):

1. Stadium butt, those pieces of wood they have you sit on make your butt so stinking sore.
2. I get very nervous during any sort of bucking event.
3. They killed an animal and moved on like it was nothing. They were doing that rope the baby cow and tie up its legs event and they little cow got pulled too hard and well they cowboy had a super easy time tying up those legs. The dudes came over to untie the cow and some how signaled to the announcer that the cow had "the wind knocked out of him." Now, I am almost positive that is not what they signaled. They probably signaled crap his neck got snapped but don't tell. I understand keeping it nice for the kids but still this poor little baby cow just died for our enjoyment and we are going to forget it and move on to the next contestant as soon as we get they dead one off the arena...seriously let's have a little bit of sympathy. I have been worrying about that cow ever since.

Okay maybe I only hate the rodeo for 3 reasons, next year I will probably forget that I hate them and go again. Look forward to another post next year.

2 comments:

PaigeE said...

I told you the rodeo was horrible! I don't understand how people can really sit through that. Even the mutton bustin'. Do you really think those sheep enjoy being ridden? NO! Because if they did they wouldn't try to get the kid off of them, they would just sit there content. I hate rodeos so, so much.

Jessica Collett Larsen said...

I've never been but I definitely don't want to go now!!